GREECE will be the word at Cherrybrook on Sunday.
The Hornsby Greek Festival will be held at Greenway Park between 11am and 7pm.
It celebrates everything Greek, with a focus on music, dance, wine and food, as well as coming together as friends to have a good time.
If Greek culture is not too familiar to you, then you will have plenty to learn at the festival.
All the traditional foods will be available, including giro, souvlaki, pastitso, seafood and baklava.
You can then work off all that delicious food by taking a lesson in dancing zorba at 3.30pm and watch the Greek folkdancing.
The Greek boutique shopping will also allow you to bring the Greek back to your home with many cosmetics, arts, crafts, jewellery and book stores.
Children can enjoy the amusement rides and dodgem cars all day long.
The Cherrybrook Technology High School band will be among talented children who will show off their musical skills on the day. You can also go in the raffle to win a Mazda2.
Entry is free and open to everyone, Greek or not, to join in the fun.
- 11am: opening and live band
- 12 noon: opening ceremony
- 12.30pm: children’s Greek folk dances
- 1pm: interactive Greek myths for children
- 1.30pm: live band Bouzouki
- 2.30pm: Cherrybrook Technology High band
- 3pm: talent show
- 3.30pm: learn to dance zorba
- 4pm: Greek storytelling theatre
- 4.30pm Greek folk dances
- 5pm: interactive Greek myths for children
- 5.30pm: Greek music
- 6.30pm: raffle draw
- 7pm: closing
Source: LAURA TRIESTE, http://hills-shire-times.whereilive.com.au