For the first time, more than 50 members of the Coordinating Councils of SAE Youth Networks from the 7 SAE Regions will meet in Thessaloniki, from the 4th until the 6th of December.
During the 3-day meeting Youths from the Diaspora will have the opportunity to gain access to information on a wide range of thematic areas, whilst they will also discuss and plan activities concerning the Youth of the Hellenic Diaspora, worldwide.
On Friday December 4th, presentations will be made by Mr. Ioannis Kazazis, Deputy President of the Hellenic Language Center and Mr. Christophoros Koutitas, Vice Chairman of the Governing Board of the International Hellenic University in Thessaloniki. Furthermore, a briefing will be held on the “Philoxenia Programmes” of the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad (GSGA), of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The presentations will be followed by the execution of workshops whereby the objects of discussion will be all the individual thematic areas:
1) Civilisation: Education in Greek Language, Youth – Church, Repatriation of the Parthenon Marbles
2) Social Activities: Youth – Environment and Youth – Greek Community
3) Professional and Vocational Guidance: Jobs search
4) Philoxenia: Hospitality Programmes
5) Communication: More effective operation of Youth Networks, cooperation and Communication between SAE regions
6) Registration/ Database creation: Census of all Youth Organisations worldwide and especially in Greece and Database creation (in electronic or written form) and registration of all University Professors of Greek origins
The results of the workshops will be presented on Saturday on the 5th of December, in a collective meeting with the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Spiros Kouvelis, as well as in a meeting which will be held with the General Secretary of Youth.
On Sunday December 6th representatives of SAE Youth will have a collective meeting with the Board of Directors of SAE.
On Monday the 7th of Decembers, Members of the Coordinating Council of SAE Regions’ Youth Networks along with the Board of Directors of SAE will visit at 12:00 the New Museum of the Acropolis, whereby the tour will be held by the Head of the Museum, Professor Dimitris Pantermalis.
During their visit, an announcement will be made on the campaign which will be taken over by the coordinating councils of SAE Regions’ Youth Networks, in order to raise citizens’ awareness in the countries whereby they reside, with regards to the issue of Repatriation of the Marbles of Parthenon in Greece.